Old May 26th 05, 03:58 AM
Ed

I often shoot theater productions at ISO 400 and get plenty of noise. I
batch run the files through Noiseware Pro and that makes a huge improvement.
It subtracts color and luminance noise without reducing sharpness. The
adjustments let you determine how smooth you want the noisy areas to be
before it starts to look plastic and phoney. I think these noise programs
are invaluable with typical digital camera noise.

Ed

"measekite" wrote in message
m...
When you reduce the effect of noise in a program like photoshop

1. How effective is it in reducing noise?

2. What are the undesireable things it does when noise it reduced?

David J Taylor wrote:

measekite wrote:
[]

All of the sample shots I find are ISO80. I would like to see the
same shot at ISO 80,200,400.

I suggest you borrow a camera from a photo store and take pictures for
yourself, as we seem to have established that the camera is basically OK
for you. Also be aware that as already mentioned you can reduce the
effect of noise in an image with programs like Neat Image, Paint Shop Pro
etc.

I really wouldn't get hung up on this - if you want low noise from a

small
sensor camera stick with low ISO, and if you need low noise and high ISO,
buy a DSLR.

Cheers,
David