Old March 24th 18, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 00:15:19 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

i just tested the wikipedia link again and it works without issue. the
problem is clearly at *your* end, not wikipedia.

They were working for me but they are both now bringing up the message
for which I have already given you a screen shot.

then there is something is wrong at your end.

You are so sure ... has it occured to you that Wikipedia has (a hell
of a lot) more than one server and and that for a variety of reasons
they may not all be synchronised?

has it occurred to you that the web pages in question have been on
wikipedia's servers for quite some time, so even if something was not
in sync, the worst that would happen is you'd miss any changes in the
last day or two.

why do you refuse to admit there's a problem at your end?

Because the Wikipedia page correctly echoes the URL. I'm getting
exactly what the URL calls for.

Why can you conceive of no other reason than a fault at my end?

it's time for some troubleshooting.

If you had read my original post you would know that I do not want
algorithms.

i did and you did.

Among other things I wrote "This doesn't mean that I want to know the
actual code but I would like to know what the code is doing."

I suppose you could that interpret that as a request for an algorithm
but I actually intended reference to something higher up the chain
than an algorithm.

that would be conceptual, which was also explained.

But the name of a book ... you have already said there are many of
them but you have yet to give me the name of one.

any book on image processing algorithms.

Not just any book. I want a book dealing with PS.

why? masking, compositing, clipping paths and regions are not unique to
photoshop so a book on photoshop isn't going to offer anything versus a
general image processing text book.

Thank you for confirming that you haven't understood what I was asking
for.

other than that, consider it to be a magical black box.

I know that's how you think. Do you remember our discussion about
PRINT in Windows? As far as you were concerned the comand PRINT shot
the file straight off to the printer driver.

except now you say you don't want to learn about algorithms.

I don't need to go to that depth.

then you should be able to figure out how it works. it's rather simple.

Well, you explain what happens when you get PS to set up clipping
mask. What are the internal enities that PS uses?

Eric Stevens