Old October 21st 04, 06:43 PM
MB_

George:

Wow -- that is a concern as I am just about ready to go buy some NIMH
batteries plus a charger (in fact, I was out the door and just came back to
check my emails and I figured I'd check this post too).

HOWEVER, when I first started the camera with the AA alkaline batteries that
came with it, it also said it needed new batteries. I can't remember exactly
what I did. I just fiddled a bit and it came on and started working just
fine (as far as I can tell). I think I just took the batteries out to make
sure I had put them in right (I had). When I put them back, it was working.
So, maybe you should futz around with it a bit (of course, you said you
tried 4 sets, so I don't know what to advise...).

Mel

"GeorgeB" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:29:14 GMT, tomcas
wrote:

Like everyone who is telling you, forget the AC adapter and get the NiMh
batteries and charger. Costco has a good deal on a quick and small
Panasonic package.

I just bought an A75, planning to use NiMH cells; none of the 4 sets I
have, all fully charged and which work fine in other equipment, work
in the camera; is there a setting for battery type I've missed? I'm
told, when I install freshly charged cells, to "replace batteries".

George