Old November 23rd 04, 01:12 PM
ABC

Default Newbie: file size after editing .

I notice this with the files I work on. After saving, the file gets
much bigger, although it has the same format.

So I opened a .jpg file of 677k size, did nothing to it and
immediately "save as" in . jpg with a different name. My Photoimpact
7 opened a dialog box and I chose 100% quality so I should have no
loss. The new file is now 1.7M in size but with the same image( in
fact there seemed to be some slight change in the quality)

why is this? how can I get a file of the same size and quality ? Is it
just Photoimpact??

TIA

ABC
Do not reply by email.