Old January 18th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Contax legacy

Also, there are split-screen mirrors for the bigger Canons (1Ds) for easier
using of manual focus lenses, probably we'll see similar items for the 5D
(which *can* change focusing screens).

I just discovered in a recent post that www.katzeyeoptics.com also
makes a split-screen for the 350D as well. The Oly E300 (but not the
E500) also is reported in a previous post to have decent manual-focus
capabilities, and maybe could be an affordable option while waiting for
the prices to go down (although then I would also get at least their
18-54 F2.8 in place of the kit lens, and that is quite expensive)

thanks
Piersante