Old January 8th 19, 12:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default How to: Build a photography website in 2019…what you need to know

On 08/01/2019 11:00, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 7 January 2019 22:54:51 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 07/01/2019 22:28, Davoud wrote:
Whisky-dave:
Only an idiot would give a total stranger thier real life postal address for
no reason. Would you be prepared to publish your real life postal address. [sic]

1298 Whirl A Way Ct. Gambrills, MD 21054.

Please send a Canon Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM lens.

Also in the Baltimore phone book, on-line public records from the State
of Maryland (which will also tell you how much I paid for my home), and
findable in scores, if not hundreds, of other places on the Internet.
Known to intelligence services of the People's Republic of China and
other hostile intelligence services through the theft of data from the
U.S. Office of Personnel Management. Also stolen from Google, Yahoo,
and numerous other on-line businesses.

Only an idiot would think that a total stranger can't get their
real-life postal address if the stranger wants it.

Spot-on, Davoud! :-D

There really is *NO* privacy on-line nowadays - but I really don't think
it matters very much.

But it doesn't mean you have to give that information out to anyone that asks for it.

Agreed. :-)

I do prefer, though, to know something about the folk with whom I
interact - both in real life AND on-line.

Whilst I'm well aware that profiles on Social Media and LinkedIn can be
(and ARE!) faked, I feel far more comfortable interacting with people
who are not deliberately trying to hide.

--
David B.