Old August 30th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste

Default 160S/160C vs 160NC/160VC

wrote:

Somebody..???

I've shot both, but I've never done a head-to-head
comparison and likely never will. With the lighting and
labs I use I _think_ I slightly prefer the Fuji. Both
have excellent grain structure, but the prints from the
Kodak film have a fraction more blue than I'd like.

Since my last decent sized portraiture project, one of
my local labs has switched from analog to digital
enlargements. The next time I use them for 160S, I'll
add in a 160NC shot and take another look.

My home scanner is an older CanoScan FS4000US, so I what
I see off of the scanner doesn't do either film justice.

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email