Old June 30th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sheila

Default D300 Raw and PhotoshopCS2

Paul Furman wrote:
Sheila wrote:

Does anyone know of a plug-in for Photoshop CS2 that supports Nikon
D300 raw? The only plug-in that I have found needs Photoshop CS3.

Glossary first:
ACR = Adobe Camera Raw, PS/CS's raw converter plugin
DNG = Digital NeGative open raw format

Use Adobe DNG converter which comes in the ACR converter download as a
second file. Mix & match: you probably need the latest DNG thing from
ACR for CS3 and an older ACR thing which is compatible with CS2.

I do this for a D200 on CS1 & delete the NEFs, saving the DNGs. The only
thing you lose is the ability to use Nikon's converter. Camera companies
aren't software companies so that's not a big loss though some say their
converter performs better it still stinks from a user's standpoint.
Don't encourage them. All raw converters but the camera manufacturer's
will work on DNG.

Thank you, I've decided to try the 30 trial for capureNX and compare
it to Photoshop CS3, I have Photoshop CS2 now.