Old May 5th 18, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Nikon MILK 2019?

On Sat, 5 May 2018 13:53:33 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/3/2018 10:27 PM, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 13:05:15 UTC-4, PeterN wrote:
On 5/1/2018 9:20 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 01/05/2018 07:30, RJH wrote:
[] Still enjoy the feel of a decent DSLR. Even though I use the more
portable alternatives far more, I can't see me selling it any time soon.

Oh, yes, for use in the studio or around the house.Â* But not (for me)
for lugging round all day with a decent long zoom lens.Â* Sell in
twenty-thirty years time when the big DSLR will have rarity or museum
value!Â* G

I understand. But for the last several months weight is no longer an
issue. I need an electric scooter to travel more than a few hundred
yards. While I would rather not need it, the good news is that I can
carry the heavy photo gear on my scooter.

--
PeterN

Using a device like that isn't a bad idea for local geographic photography. Walking doesn't afford much range in a decent time-frame while driving a car (especially in a city) is a pain, you have to park, or stop legally and get out to take images.

I use the scooter because I have COPD. I would much prefer that I didn't
have to use it. Most who need one feels the same.

Then there is these
https://powerpheelchairpr1.files.wor...lchair-6x6.jpg

Eric Stevens