Old March 16th 12, 03:23 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Kodak bankruptcy

In article ,
Dale wrote:
I used to work in Kodak R&D. (too much corporate culture and middle
management)

If I was a stakeholder in Kodak's reorganization, I would like to see
them map out the workflows of all possible imaging chains, and make
business cases on hard facts as opposed to just brand value, whether
they be AgX, digital, or hybrid.

I'd like to see them preserve as much manufacturing and design
documentation as possible for all the products they'll shed, and
license it at no cost to anyone who is willing to make the stuff.

Kodak doubtless does not want to be in the low-volume, high-price
art materials market, but there's no reason the analog products
should die and become impossible to ever bring back (which is what
will happen without Kodak's detailed process documentation for making
them) just because Kodak can't economically make them any more.

Kodak could probably even derive significant tax benefits from giving
all the associated intellectual property to a charity created for the
purpose. Or use one they already have handy, like, say, Eastman House.

But I cannot imagine how one would ever get this idea in front of the
appropriate people associated with the bankruptcy. Sigh...

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"The liberties...lose much of their value whenever those who have greater