Old July 5th 11, 08:39 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default Developing Legacy Pro B&W 400 with caffenol

Paul Giverin wrote:
Yes it has got a very long shelf life undiluted but I can't see why you
would want to keep it for long when diluted. I only mix the amount I
need, use it immediately and discard it.

He may of been referring to the powdered version. I looked for it last night
and could not find it. (I did not look very hard to be honest).

The Photographer's Formulary used to carry it, they don't any more. Would
someone more familar with developer formulation please look at their web
pages and see if they still produce it, but dropped the name Rodinal due to
trademark issues?

Many of their developers were just listed by the main ingredients, and to
be honest, I doubt if I could tell them apart. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.