Old August 11th 05, 03:30 AM
Hugh Lyon-Sach

Default FA: Don't sneer at this this Yankee cut-film developing tank

These Simple Yankee tanks are space-saving, economical and best of
all, work as good as more expensive systems, especially if you use the
more dilute one-shot developers -- which many photographers prefer
anyway. (I'm talking D-76 1:1 or 1:2, D-23 1:1 or higher dilutions of
HC-110, and others). Like to do stand development? This is a good
way.

You could develop film in a dorm room if you wanted -- or this would
be a good system to take on the road. At an opening bid of $4.99, you
could buy it as a back-up option.

You simply adjust the rack to your size film, then load the film in
the dark by sliding it into the grooves -- simple. Put the lid on and
thereafter, everything is done in the light.

The rack is adjustable, so if you shoot say, 4X5 as well as 6X9 (as I
do), you can develop both in one tank.