Old October 14th 03, 08:59 PM
Mxsmanic

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

Giorgis writes:

Often ? That is getting a little paranoid in it self :-)

I'm not so sure. People really interested in child pornography are
going to gravitate towards the largest, safest sources of that. The
largest collections of child pornography are in the hands of law
enforcement agencies, and employees of those agencies often have access
to the collections under cover of a legitimate interest in
anti-pornography activities. But for someone who actually loves kiddie
porn, there would be no better occupation than as an investigator of
kiddie porn.

Similarly, pedophiles in general are attracted to jobs that bring them
in contact with children, and some of the most suitable jobs in that
category are the ones in which they are supposed to be helping children.
So priests, counselors, cops, child psychologists, and the like are more
likely to be pedophiles. Of course, pedophilia is rare, and most people
who enjoy working with children have no sexual interest in them.

Yes, it does follow from this that someone who takes a keen interest in
photographing children exclusively might have some prurient interest in
kids (although most such photographers don't). However, it does _not_
follow that someone who photographs children is automatically a
pedophile. A lot of photographers photograph anyone who looks
interesting, including kids.

Incidentally, it is often assumed that photographers who take pictures
of beautiful women are sexually motivated. However, one mark of a good
photographer is that he does not have sex on his mind when taking
pictures of pretty women. He might notice before or after the shoot
that a particular woman is pretty--but never while taking the photos.
When you take pictures, it's focus, composition, lighting, etc. ... but
not sex. The ones who think about sex behind the viewfinder are con
artists.

Its a pity that you cant even smile at a child in a park
and they look at you funny.

Yes. Especially since 99.999% of people who smile at children in parks
are not pedophiles.

Additionally, the person most likely to abuse a child (sexually or
otherwise) is one of his parents (usually his mother).

Having said that, I foudnd it funny today driving along when I saw a
fire engine with a sign.

"Wanna feel the heat, how about work for the fire brigade"

A lot of people who are fascinated with fire become firefighters.
Others become arsonists. In the first case, a person recognizes his
preoccupation and puts it to good use. In the second case, a person
just indulges his preoccupation, despite the damage it does. There are
probably parallels among pedophiles.