Old June 12th 18, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default What exactly is different inside a lens in Macro mode?

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I doubt his P&S will work with a closeup lens anyway as it doesnlt have
any moving elemnts so would be very difficult to focus.

the lenses on p&s cameras definitely have moving elements,

Not all of them do, the cheaper ones don't.

just about all of them do, including the cheaper ones.

making it
trivial to not only focus, but also zoom. some might even have a macro
setting.

dependiong on what's meant by macro.

it might not be 1:1 (or bigger), but most people don't need that.

the problem is that not all p&s cameras allow for easily mounting
anything in front of the lens.

I know.

however, there's always duct tape

Not something I'd use due to the residue left and the mess it'd make.

no residue or mess needed.

for phones, it's easy to add a closeup lens. it just clips on:
https://d3nj7353mvgauu.cloudfront.ne...roducts/macro-
21x-lens-8-7-black-12-130e/4a75583da68f23aa000fff7ea084dd03.jpg

provided you have the right one for the camera.
But then again you can use virtually any sort of lens a magnifying glass will do.

only if quality is not a goal.