Old June 17th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

Default If there's no shake, I can't be responsible

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 23:32:57 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

for LOL's actions ...

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...tingPretty.jpg (Full Size)

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rettySmall.jpg (Fast

Handheld @ 1/3 sec...

If it's clean, LOL's gonna flip his lid ...

Why? I tested my own handheld skills on IS equipped cameras. I can shoot a
tack-sharp image at a full 1-second long exposure with a 432mm lens. Just
to see where my and its limits lie. But it requires knowing how IS works,
its limitations, using the proper IS setting, and having exceptional
handheld skills to begin with.

In your image you're not so skilled, nor even lucky. Everything illuminated
by available light is blurred. Only those features stopped by the higher
speed of the fill-flash burst are clearer. Not to mention the focus is off,
the camera focused on the oven behind the randomly placed, badly tilted,
and aroused dog. Is your spatial acuity and motor-control so poor that you
can't even tell when you are holding a camera level? Apparently so. You're
not going to make a very good blind person. You'll even suck at that.

LOL!