Old September 20th 04, 09:35 AM
Quercus

Thank you all... That was really useful :-)

I like the aperture-first approach, and I think that would work fine
with a SLR, but not with my p&s :-(

Compact digital cameras have greater DOF, and you can hardly get the
blur effect in the background, even with the lowest f-stop. And in
aperture priority program you have a limited range of f-stops availabe,
depending of the focal length selected (I think this is common even in
SLR in auto mode?) and as there won't be so much difference in using
f2.2 or f5.6, attending to DOF, I'd better use shutter priority and
adjust later the aperture with the exposure bias control.

Yes, I know I do need a DSLR :-)

Ok, thanks again for your answers.

-Quercus-

--