Old June 10th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Pete[_8_]

Default Councillor Anderson, handheld at full zoom

On 2010-06-10 12:43:10 +0100, Peter said:

"bugbear" wrote in message
Dudley Hanks wrote:
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...orAnderson.jpg (full size)

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...ersonSmall.jpg
(fast loading)

Visited City Hall this morning and brought along the SX120 in order to
see how it works at full zoom.

Took this pic from the back of the room, handheld at 1/100 sec (360mm).

I'm sure you will find a bit of camera shake, but I'm really interested
in how the barrel distortion appears, ditto for purple fringing...

Appreciate anything you can tell me.

Barrel distortion can be trivially post corrected.

Is that barrel distorting, or a curved wall?

Distortion at full zoom is pincushion. Here it is offset by the curved
wall and is barely detectable towards the top left corner.

--
Pete