Old November 30th 13, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D

On 11/30/2013 4:47 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:45:26 -0900, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

Savageduck wrote:
[...] most importantly I have a feeling your hardline choice
of OS is your real problem, and it is distracting you from paying
attention to improving your photography.

That in fact seems to be *your* most serious impediment to
improving your photography.

The OP seems to be well aware that a more functional OS is
eventually going to allow him to produce better results...]

I am curious how you come up with this. To me, it's like saying a
better developing pan will lead to better photographs when working
with film.

No, it's more like having a drawer full of different sized trays
means the user can choose which one is most efficient for any
given job. That leads to a more effective system than one where
the only trays available come in just one size (that fits all,
supposedly).

Since most people never printed anything larger that an 8x10,
they don't see a difference. But for the photographer that
pushes the limits, trays large enough for 16x20 and 20x24 prints
make a huge difference. Not to mention they immediately bought
something like an El Nikkor lens rather than use the one that
came with the enlarger.

And while a 35mm enlarger from Ponder and Best or Durst, or even
the low end Beseler or Omega models might seem like a great
production tool for many, real darkroom workers wouldn't
consider anything less that a Beseler 23C, and would rather have
either a Beseler or an Omega 4x5 enlarger, even if all they ever
work with is 35mm film.

I used a 23C, IIRC I had three heads for it. Color, condenser and
fluorescent.

It's the difference between printing today with an Epson 2800
or using an Epson 4880 or 7890.

Many a fine art print has been made with the 2880 and 3880. IMO the 4880
is designed for higher output. I may have been told wrong, but i thought
the 4880 produced prints that were equal in quality to the other two,
but was designed for higher production rates, and larger format.

--
PeterN