Old November 30th 13, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Default converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D

sid wrote:
nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...] most importantly I have a feeling your hardline choice
of OS is your real problem, and it is distracting you from paying
attention to improving your photography.

That in fact seems to be *your* most serious impediment to
improving your photography.

The OP seems to be well aware that a more functional OS is
eventually going to allow him to produce better results...]

I am curious how you come up with this. To me, it's like saying a
better developing pan will lead to better photographs when working
with film.

the advantage of a more functional operating system is the availability
of more functional apps which can produce better results.

His OS of choice does not at all improve or hinder his ability to take good
photographs.

As noted by Ansel Adams, "You don't take a photograph, you make
it." And today that is mostly done with a computer, hence his
choice of computer software has a lot to do, not with taking the
exposure, but with making the photograph.

In your opinion his OS may limit his ability to post process
his photos but in others opinion it does not.

But regardless of opinions, it *does* limit a photographer's
ability. It's just plain ignorant to suggest otherwise...

There is little point in
having the whole photoshop vs gimp discussion here again is there?

It's an endless argument, so it's one they can't lose too.

better apps can also greatly increase productivity, which means fewer
hassles in producing the results, leaving more time to concentrate on
photography itself rather than the processing.

There are any number of good programs available for his OS allowing him all
those advantages too, why do think that's not the case?

He's got religion. I don't know if Buda, Jesus or Muhamed loves him, but
Adobe does!

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)