Old September 24th 04, 06:32 AM
Ted Azito

Nikons are MF-to-AF compatible and Canons aren't. And, I don't need or
want autofocus. And, Canon no longer makes MF cameras-some of its MF
35mm cameras were excellent. Some of Nikon's are excellent as well.

Spermdaro is ****ed at Nikon because they gave him a hard one in the
rear over some products. I don't doubt they did. I know of no
manufacturer of cameras that hasn't ****ed its user base over somehow
or another. But that doesn't change the fact that generally speaking
the pro Nikons have proven mostly reliable cameras, that the Nikon
line includes a lot of superb glass, that the Nikon pro system cameras
were the most versatile in terms of the accessories,and that there's a
hell of a lot of history that has been seen through those Nikkors. You
can find early F Nikons and Nikkors that might have seen JFK, Marilyn
Monroe, the old Penn Station, the Beatles getting off the jet in New
York.....what did Eddie Adams get that great shot of the commie
******* getting the bullet he richly deserved with? And one of Bert
Stern's or George Barris's Nikkors that captured the last MM sessions
will fit on a F6.

Not every pro used Nikons. Jim Marshall, evidently, actually uses R
Leicas and some guys shot Canons, Pentaxes, even Topcons. But more
used Nikon than everything else put together.

This isn't a perfect world. People-and companies and technologies
(and film scanners, eh?)-die before their time. Companies do the
expedient instead of the right thing. Corporations whore themselves
out and act sanctimoniously about it even when caught redhanded. But I
don't have to appreciate every single thing the company does to use
some of its products.

I drive a Mercedes Benz-a 1984 model-even though I think the Flick
family are cocksuckers who should have been gassed wholesale in 1945
with Zyklon B. I'm typing this on a Windows 2000 running computer even
though in general I prefer FreeBSD or commercial RISC Unix and think
Bill Gates is a load.(Jobs is worse.) I keep a Smith and Wesson under
my bed even though they supported gun control (and how dumb is
that-even cops I know refused to pack them after that!). I have a Linn
Sondek turntable even though I think they are overpriced copies of the
Merrill-modified AR. And I use Leica cameras despite the fact that
their optics are very overrated and a lot of Leica fans are morons
with too much money.

Sometimes, you just have to bury the hatchet and get on with it.