Old September 24th 17, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Affinity Photo for iPad

On Sep 24, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...
The actual
merge/pano stitch was probably in the region of 5-8 seconds.

Then what took 1 minute and 41 seconds?

Did you read any of what you snipped from the post you responded to?

Let me remind you, and then I will give you a step-by-step break down.

From ews.com

I hope you are comparing a similar process workflow, not just the time the
merge/pano stitching took. If so I will retime for just that portion of the
test.

Just to be clear. that was for the whole task, which included selecting the
three RAW files from my desktop hard drive, loading them to the iCloud Drive,
opening Affinity Photo on the iPad, selecting the three RAF files from the
iCloud folder for pano stitching, and completing the crop. The actual
merge/pano stitch was probably in the region of 5-8 seconds.

Now to explain step-by-step:
On my Mac, not the iPad, Lightroom was not running, so;
Step #1: Open Lightroom: 27.58 seconds
Step #2: In LR Library navigate to 2016-12-15 folder: 45.83 sec.
Step # 3: Select the 3 RAF files and export to iCloud: 1 minute 1.96 sec.
Step #4: Complete upload to iCloud: 1 min 13.41 sec
Step #5: Open Affinity Photo on iPad & Choose “New Panorama”: 1 min
24.66 sec
Step #6: Select 3 RAF files from iCloud folder on iPad: 1 min 30.56 sec
Step #7: Start and finish Stitch: 1 min 36.50 sec (so the actual stich time
was 5.96 sec)
Step #8: Complete crop: This time 1 min 40.67 total elapsed time.

There are all sorts of things I could have done to come up with a faster
result, but I didn’t.

Now that isn’t too bad given that was all that was done. You didn’t
mention if you had done a crop, or not, or were just left with the rough
pano.

....and as I said, producing panoramas is not where the bulk of my travel
photography lies.

Savageduck