Old September 24th 17, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default Affinity Photo for iPad

On 2017-09-24 11:34, nospam wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face if you are
boycotting Adobe for some reason.

Not at all. I have CS5 and that is more than sufficient for 99.99% of
what I do. (Which even includes occasional paid photography).

What I do not support is rental s/w. That's Adobe's new path. If I
were a full time photographer, then I'd go for it. But "renting"
spinning s/w that I don't use for stretches is a stretch.

lightroom and photoshop elements are available for purchase.

Meanwhile other suppliers are coming out with competitive products that
do as much as most people need.

while that's true, photoshop elements also does as much as most people
need, no rental required.

I don't recall offhand what things in Elements are missing that aren't
in CS5 that I need and use, but that was part of the decision to buy CS3
in the first place and later upgrade. (bit depth of plugins and/or
filters comes to mind, but not perfectly sure - and Elements may handle
that now).