Old August 5th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell[_2_]

Default Nikon Coolpix S1000 PJ

On 2009-08-05 04:41:44 -0700, ASAAR said:

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:43:43 -0700, C J Campbell, who may be the
first kiddie on his block to buy a Coolpix S1000pj, wrote:

Interesting idea. A camera with a built-in projector. The camera
projects a VGA screen 40 inches across two feet away. I wonder if it
does PowerPoint? There is a company called Microvision in Bellevue,
Washington that has been working on a projector for cell phones. I
wonder if they had anything to do with this? Or, if not, if the Nikon
projector violates any of their patents?

This is an idea whose time has come, I think. And it is nice to see a
Coolpix that is not just another "me too" camera.

An idea whose time has come? I don't think so, and neither does
Thom Hogan :

I think Thom underestimates how much people like to chimp. This is a
consumer camera, not a pro camera, and it does not pretend to anything
else. I will not get a Coolpix camera for the same reason that Thom
Hogan or you or many other photographers will not get one. They are
lousy cameras. Some of us want real tools. But you know what? We
represent a tiny minority of photographers. Most people don't want the
same things out of a camera that we do. I bet the projector idea is a
hit.

Of course, many people have become wealthy by betting against me.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor