Old June 20th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
K W Hart

Default Found a squeeze bulb

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 6/19/2009 2:42 PM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

But the bigger problem isn't the bulb--it's the hose to connect the bulb.
I picked up a length of latex tubing ($3 a foot!!!) and a barb fitting
that gets me from the bulb into the hose. The problem is that the hose is
much too large for the shutter connection, so I'm still looking for parts
to do that. (Probably another barb fitting into a smaller piece of rubber
tubing.)

Done. Found an old length of fuel hose in my auto parts box. The auto
parts store down the street had the perfect fitting (1/4" x 1/8" barb).
The fuel hose fits right over the shutter nipple. Works like a charm.

On to the bigger project: finishing the back (5x7 back for what was a 5x8
camera). Then to fix up the old film holders. Then to get film ...

By the way, I finished a wooden tripod to go with the camera:
http://www.geocities.com/bonezphoto/WoodenTripod.html. It's a prototype,
but it came out much nicer than I'd hoped.

I don't know what you were hoping for, but it looks very impressive.