Old February 28th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks

Default Nikon D3 vs Canon Mark III

"Savant" wrote in message
I am really impressed be all this great talk of the Nikon D3. I
though Canon had it all wrapped up. Please share your thoughts if you
have experience with both.

Visit us at http://www.brucekersten.com

I'm a Canon user, but I actually have a tough time criticizing Nikon because
I like / respect the company a lot. Both companies make good stuff, and
each tends to get the technological jump on the other periodically.

At present, if you believe the D3 hype, Nikon seems to have the edge when it
comes to catching photons, but I'm not totally certain the firmware / image
processing is as good as is claimed. Time will tell.

BTW, I've been known to chide Canon as well when it lets a lemon slip
through, ie. the Powershot A460.

However, the one thing that has been a constant for me, at least in my area,
is that Canon has tended to give more feature per dollar, which is a major
reason why I went with the Canon AE-1 when I bought my first SLR.

If I had the bucks, I'd run both. But I'm on a limited budget, so I'll
stick with my Canons. Still, I'd love to take the D3 for a test drive...

Take Care,
Dudley