Old June 2nd 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
cyrusthevirus

Default Lens problem with Pentax K100D

Il 01/06/2007 21:56, John Bean dixit:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:20:49 +0200, cyrusthevirus
wrote:

Is there a way to use it "stop-down" or something similar?

Use "M" mode, set aperture on lens, press and release AE/L
button to automatically stop down lens to meter and set
shutter speed. Press shutter to take picture ;-)

Thanks a lot for your hint, John!
As future memory (so I can google if I forget it) and as
reference for other K100D users here it is the whole
procedure I found:
0) set the preview method (Menu - Custom Setting) on "optical"
1) shut down the camera
2) change the lens
3) set focal length for shake reduction
4) set the camera on M (manual exposure)
5) press and release AE-L
6) turn the ON/OFF button clockwise on the 3rd sign (preview
position) to meter: it stop down the lens and it is possible
to see in the display the "difference from the appropriate
exposure" (manual, p. 145)
7) turn the e-dial to adjust the shutter speed
8) turn the old aperture ring on the lens to adjust the aperture
9) cheese :-)

Just to demonstrate it works, I uploaded a "screens hot" of
this reply on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/funadium/525599309/

Thanks again.
Cyrus