Old September 13th 06, 05:57 PM posted to aus.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Padu

Default New Sony GPS Camera Accessory

"Graham Fountain"
Apparently it links with Google-Earth, so you can go to a spot, and then
look at the photos you took there. Not a very practical purpose, but I'm
sure if you look at who a lot of Sony's customers are (cashed up
20-somethings who like gadgets, and will buy anything so long as it says S
O N Y), that there will be quite a few who would go for such gizmos.

Google earth is a revolution, they opened their API for anyone to use. One
of the consequences, for example, is smugmug. They are able to use google
earth in their webpage to show pictures of a given location.

I found it very useful. For example, before going on a recent trip to santa
barbara, calif., I took a look at the pictures/locations using
smugmug/google and I found some nice shooting locations.

The inconvenience right now is that you have to enter coordinates for each
individual picture. If there was a way to automate and include coordinates
into the exif, that service would be expanded immensely.

Cheers

Padu