Old September 13th 06, 05:52 PM posted to aus.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Padu

Default New Sony GPS Camera Accessory

"kosh"
well someone thought it was good enough to make a product!!!! Perhaps
there is something to it, though I can't imagine a LARGE numbr of people
having a requirement like this..

snip

An idea to be sold to the masses has to be simple enough not to require much
interaction from the user, and that's what I think it is. They sell the idea
that everything is "integrated". I'm almost getting the motivation to
research what is on the market already that works with any GPS and any EXIF
enabled camera...

hmmmm heres an idea.... if you could photograph say... a city from
multiple anges with full GPS data including elevation..... I would think
some clever software could give you amazing 3d photogrpahic renderings.

The guys from Microsoft Research labs are already doing that... I've watched
a demo of their software and it is really incredible. They use a database of
pictures taken from several different cameras from several different angles
and that is used to build a 3D model of a city.

come to think of it, one of my customers used their camera to record every
inch of Melb. GP to make photo realistic game textures..... GPS data would
probably be pretty usefull there too!

just think aloud.... well in text!

maybe it is the time (as a software developer) to develop some applications
in this area huhn? I'll think about that.

Cheers

Padu