Old March 31st 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default 18% grey point on a film curve

Greg "Blank" - Lizard King. wrote:
In article .com,
"Steven Woody" wrote:

given a characteristic curve of a slide ( netgative ), what density
value corresponds to 18% grey? some one said it is the D1.0, some
others said it is D0.75, which one is right and where these magic
numbers come from ?

thanks.

They aren't magic just based on sensitometry. If you get books written by
Phil Davis "BTZS" or various books by Zakia and Todd you should have a
better understanding. BTW I opt for .75

in my country, i can not find the book :-( can anyone please to
explain the original question for me ?

--
The things we hate most in life often turn out to be a mirror image
of ourselves. But if your going to hate someone Matt Clara says its

Findmedirectly - "infoatgregblankphoto.com"