Old October 10th 04, 09:56 PM
Ronin

thanks for the good idea, but I believe it is too tricky for me...
I've read something similiar before about some guy who had his 37mm Mamiya
RB placed on a custom lens board for 4x5".... The coverage circle of that
lens is about 98mm, which is large for a MF lens, but too small for a LF
4x5". I'm wondering if with an adaptor lens placed upon a true LF lens will
cover the entire frame... I think it should, but what about results? How the
vignetting will affect the picture?

bye

"Glenn Barry" ha scritto nel messaggio
You can get one of the Arsat 30mm fisheye lenses for the German Cameras
for relatively cheap, US about $200 I think.

I've got one, had to perform surgery to remove the lens hood and got
S.K. Grimes to machine an adaptor to replace the rear mounting bayonet
part and screw it into a Copal #3.

Works a treat, though I haven't used it in ages.

Another smaller option is to use a Sigma 15MM fisheye in shutter, Copal
#3 or something moderately smaller, though I din't think Copal #1 has a
sufficiently large aperture. A reasonably sized compound would probably
be adequate.
Have an adaptor machined to attach the camera bayonet (insert Brand) to
the shuter by S.K grimes.

I'm actually having this done very soon, but not for only fisheye stuff

Glenn

Ronin wrote:

Hi,

I see there are many cheap fisheye adapters on ebay for 35mm and digital
compact cameras... I'm aware that most of them are crap. But I'm

thinking to
buy one for my digital camera just for fun. However, I own also a Mamiya

6x7
and a Graflex 4x5" camera. I wonder if any of those adapter lenses can

be
placed in front of a medium format or a large
format lens. I know that probably quality will suck, but recently I'm
looking for some "holga" style pictures with a very wide angle effect.
Usually these lenses have series VII mounting and are sold with adapter
rings ranging from 37mm to 77mm... My MF and LF lenses filter threads

range
from 67mm to 77mm. So, I guess I can attach the adapter to any lens I

own.
Question is: will they work on lenses producing an image circle larger

than
35mm?

thank you