Old February 13th 21, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Lens recommendation for dia film reproduction?

On 2021-02-13 14:22, croy wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 15:35:31 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:

In good condition, no issue at all. I've done many, many thousands on
three different scanners w/o issues. I've even scanned glass (b&w) w/o
removing them. No issues.

Wait--are we talking transparencies in cardboard or glass mounts, or images printed on paper,
or ???

The discussion turned to scanners. So cardboard mounts work very well.
Metal with glass, is not practical in colour. B&W I've had good results.

I've also scanned a lot of prints. Colour to about 300 dpi and B&W to
600 (though resolution is about 400 - 500 in really good prints).

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."