Old February 13th 21, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Lens recommendation for dia film reproduction?

In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

The V800 features a dual lens system that automatically selects the
optimal lens, with up to 4800dpi optical resolution for reflective photo
scanning and 6400dpi when scanning using film holders.

Yet, I seem to recall in comparison to dedicated scanners the results
were somewhat soft v. 4000 dpi scanners such as Nikon (4000, 8000, 9000).

they are definitely soft when scanning film compared to a good film
scanner.

the problem is that he wants to scan prints by mounting a camera on an
enlarger base, thereby making it into a copy stand.

Eh? His post said

Quote: "My plan is to make RAW files of may old dia pictures (24x36 mm
film)"

his subsequent post said:

In article ,
" wrote:
Excuse me for being unclear. My "method" is to use a tripod from an old
enlarger. Mount the camera on the tripod and the photo an a shall light
surface on the tripod floor. E. g. not use a projector and make a picture from
the projected screen.

that sounds like a copy stand to me.

if he meant using the enlarger as a makeshift projector and then take a
photo of the image on the easel, then the results will be quite poor.

a nikon coolscan 4000/8000/9000 will not work.

in this case, a flatbed scanner is the appropriate choice.

If the object is to scan any film smaller than 120/200 then, yes the
Nikon 8000/9000 will definitely work.

and fits in a film carrier.

Likewise for 35mm film strips up to 6 frames long on Nikon 4000/8000/9000.

except that won't work. see above.