Old January 13th 18, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default The case for "Kaizen", following Fujifilm's Example

On 2018-01-12 19:39, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 12, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

It has been three years since I made my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and I
have become an unashamed fan. One of the reasons has been the Fujifilm
philosophy of “Kaizen”, or providing firmware updates/upgrades to improve
existing, and even discontinued models. I have benefitted from several
firmware updates/upgrades to my X-E2, and X-T2 which seemed to perform like
new cameras.

Three years after buying my first X-Series camera I now own three, the X-E2,
X-T2, and an X-E3, along with 6 Fujinon lenses, and I couldn’t be happier.
Though there are at least three other lenses I have my eye on.
G.A.S. is a terrible afliction. ;-)

I would add that I haven’t used my D300S for over a year now, and the only
piece of my Nikon kit I use today is my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 with a
Nikon-to-Fujifilm adaptor.

Now there is this article from Fstoppers which supports my remarks above, and
asks why other camera manufacturers do not follow a similar philosophy, but
choose to release new models at higher prices, when a firmware update would
have done the same thing.

https://fstoppers.com/originals/why-other-camera-manufacturers-should-be-more-fuji-210834

For some reason that link broke even though I used delimiters.

The "broken" original worked fine and the one above is "restored" and
works. Good news readers usually handle broken links.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102