Old October 17th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Time scale

In article ,
Ken Hart1 wrote:

"Alec Jones" wrote in message

I'd like to know what you mean by "improper thawing". I've got lots of
frozen film. What did you do wrong - open it before it was fully thawed?

alecj

The recommendation is to not open the sealed foil package or plastic can
until the film has come up to room temperature. I vaguely recall a chart
from Kodak listing 'thaw' times for different packaging types-- a box of 100
sheets of 8x10 film would require longer to thaw than a single roll of 24
exposure 35mm film.

Despite the sealed packaging, Kodak recommends against frozen storage for
a number of types of color materials. Look up their current recommendations
on storage and handling of color process control strips; they found problems
several years ago evidently caused by freezing, and now recommend against it.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX