Old November 30th 11, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Eric Stevens

Default Argus C3 For Sale

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:01:46 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

I'm going to start this by saying that I've been shooting products for
an auction house for the past six months--it's not great art and there's
a lot of time pressure but it puts food on the table and I shoot a wide
range of subjects, so it's educational.

That said, yesterday I was handed a camera case and contents to shoot.
The case looked brand new. I opened it and when I saw what was in it I
went "Wow". And as I unpacked it I repeated that several times, with
an occasional "Oh My God". This was the nicest Argus C3 I've ever seen,
with all three lenses, the 50mm Cintar, and the 35 and 100mm Sandmars.
The boss said "Take it if you want it." I thought about it--I have a
soft spot for the Argus--the first camera I ever saw was an Argus, the
first picture I ever shot was with an Argus, and that Argus was the one
my Dad carried through the Pacific during WWII (and he had the slides to
prove it--some %$%^&* stole them though, otherwise I'd have scanned and
posted them long ago), which I still have and which still works.

I thought about it, and reluctantly shot it and posted it for auction--
I'm not a camera collector--it would have ended up in a box gathering
dust.

So if anybody wants a really, really nice Argus, it's up right now
opening for 30 bucks with free shipping:

The unwrapped version:

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=5349&aid=46255&lid=11993613#top oflot

Regards,

Eric Stevens