Old September 5th 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ricardo Villegas

Default Cleaning slides

Does the film cleaner remove fingerprints?

"darkroommike" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 5:29 pm, rcurryastro
wrote:
I have a large number of slides that I intend to scan into my computer
in the near future. For the most part, these slides were not in
protective sleeves and some were loose in boxes out in the air.

Can anyone give me a suggestion for a way to clean off the surface dust
that will do the least damage to the slide?

Thanks in advance.

Roger in Jacksonville, FL

--
rcurryastro

Canned air first, a puff or two per side, then, brush with a anti-
static brush. For the worst situations, you will need to clean the
slide with a product like Edwal film cleaner, PEC-12, or Kodak Film
Cleaner (if you are lucky enough to still have some), I use a cotton
swab for this. If your scanner has I.C.E. that will help on most
slides but turn it off when scanning Kodachrome.