Old July 25th 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
polly filler

Default Jobo & Pre Rinse?

"darkroommike" wrote in message
On Jul 23, 2:16 pm, Darkroom User Darkroom.User.
wrote:
I have bought a Jobo CPE2 with the lift and a 1540 drum with reels.
I want to use TMax 100 and 400 in D76 1:1. The instruction book
recommends a 5 minute pre rinse before pouring in the developer. Is it
essential to pre soak films if using a Jobo?
Does anyone here use a Jobo, if so, what is your method?

--
Darkroom User

I do a lot of rotary processing with a Unicolor System, I think the
presoak is a good idea but i would not recommend D76 (at any
dilution). I have had my best luck with HC-110 and TMax developers.
First, you make only what you need and, second, D76 tends to stain the
reels quite a bit, quite noticeable on the white Unicolor reels. I
use a water rinse or stop bath, depends on film, and one shot paper
strength fixer.

Tmax 400 in ID11 1:3 for 15mins is very nice too