Old September 20th 04, 04:10 AM
Michael Meissner

"Ric Kaysen" writes:

OK...really not trying to be contradictory here, but not only do the cameras
show up as drives in Windows Explorer, but I can copy, paste, drag and drop
files both from and to the card in the camera while connected with the USB
cable.

I believe the difference is you are using Windows XP and the original poster is
using Windows 2000. If memory serves, Windows XP can use some PSP devices as
file systems, but Windows 2000 did not have that support, or had a list of
supported cameras. I recall there used to be instructions how to patch an .inf
file to allow the Olympus C-2100UZ to work (it uses PTP and does not use USB
mass storage).

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply
"Basiltoo" wrote in message
"Ric Kaysen" wrote in news:muh3d.294
:

Well...OK, but how is that different? I can still view it's contents and
transfer files.

Different protocol. You cannot transfer files to the camera for example.

Baz

--
Michael Meissner
email: