Old August 22nd 06, 09:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Al Klein

Default The South Park Scientology video

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:03:38 -0700, Michael Siemon
wrote:

Problem with this is that people _without_ prior early experience
of religion are often the best suckers^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcandidates for
the scam religions like scientology, Krishna-consciousness, Moonies,
etc. It is primarily the heavily anti-rational (as opposed to just
non-rational :-)) prosyletizing/evangelizing/indoctrinating variants
that tend to be dangerous to young minds.

A lot of those young minds, when they give up the religion they were
indoctrinated into when they still wore diapers, feel that they have
to look for something to replace it. Reminds me of something:

"Every sensible man, every honest man, must hold the Christian sect in
horror. 'But what shall we substitute in its place?' you say. What? A
ferocious animal has sucked the blood of my relatives. I tell you to
rid yourselves of this beast and you ask me what you shall put in its
place?" - Voltaire

Maybe if we taught *thinking* again? Or is that too radical a
concept?
--
http://www.webdingers.com/filelist.html