Old March 24th 05, 05:29 PM
SleeperMan

Ron Hunter wrote:
Oliver Costich wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:35:55 +0100, "SleeperMan"
wrote:

Oliver Costich wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:47:25 +0100, "SleeperMan"
wrote:

Oliver Costich wrote:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:47:04 +0100, "SleeperMan"
wrote:

Oliver Costich wrote:

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:33:31 -0500, Charles
wrote:

In article , SleeperMan
wrote:

Canon S1 IS. I think it won't have problems with either
card...

I would get the cheaper of the two cards. I don't think you
will notice any difference.

Or even the standard card for way less. I don't think that the
camera canuse the speed at all. The benefit might be had when
downloading through a USB2 card reader.

All i need in this camera is about 15x speed for shooting
highest quality video. I don't have external reader yet, since
my PC doesn't have USB 2.0 port...maybe one day.

A USB2 card is about $15 if your OS will support it.

It's not my OS problem (win XP), but my MOBO (Soyo D+) which may
cause problems...

I would think that virtually any USB2 PCI card should work with the
Soyo.

Well, some poeple did report problems when trying to insert USB 20
board...so i hesitate...

Buy one somplace you can take it back. The hardest part of installing
it is opening the case. YSB2 is very good to have, for card readers,
DVD/CD burners, hard drives, etc.

Even better, spend a few bucks more and get one that does Firewire800
as well. Then you are ready for HD video....

hm...something to consider...