Old February 28th 05, 10:03 PM
Matthew Montchalin

why is this cross-posted to rec.photo.digital?

On 28 Feb 2005 ymous wrote:
|Subject: $500 REWARD FOR IDENTITY OF TROLL
|

|If nobody has proof, please post who you suspect it to be. If a bunch
|of people suspect the same person, that will be good enough for me to go
|find that person and beat the crap out of him.

That sounds a lot like that scheme that the other guy dreamed up a few
years ago, with his "assassination politics" plan. And he ended up
going to prison - federal prison, I think - just for discussing it,
didn't he? If I recall rightly, he wanted to combine a national lottery
system with an ultimate prize of assassinating anyone anywhere, based
only on the rough consensus of other like-minded anonymous individuals
banding together, presumably funded through Paypal (or some other
means), and circulated through Google, I guess. I think you should not
advocate that sort of thing. Not just because it's a bad idea, but just
merely JOKING about that sort of thing, out of bad taste, can bring
you down as well. And the same goes for character assassination, too.