Old January 18th 05, 10:01 PM
John

I think delay is a serious issue.

Also - manual focus over-ride would be good for poor lighting conditions.

--

Regards

John

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

As I said, I can produce tack-sharp 8x10 prints from a 2MP camera.

Yep, done the same thing many times. I am amazed at how much
misunderstanding there is about this issue. I currently have two cameras:
a 2.1 MP and a 6.3 MP. The 8 x 10 prints are very close in quality
(normal viewing distance ... have no interest in using a magnifying
glass).

Of course, more MPs are better if there are no serious tradeoffs (such as
noise) so one can crop more aggressively and still get a nice print.