Old December 18th 03, 05:00 AM
otzi

Default Cleaning surface of photographs

"Dan Wenz" wrote in message
Michael A. Covington wrote:

I would use film cleaner.

I just received my (first) bottle of PEC-12 today with PEC pads, haven't
used them yet. I tried to buy then from B&H, but they wouldn't ship
them, since they said they'd have to be shipped Via UPS or similar, and
they chose not to go that route. Others, including Adorama, where I
bought mine, seemed to have no problem with shipping them via 3 day
ground, UPS in their case.

We have here a 3M product called film and photo cleaner. Aerosol. Got from
big time office supplies. It works just fine. I know little of any long
term degradation but as the stuff evaporates quickly I would reckon it OK.
At a push I've used it on a marked lens with apparently safe results.