Old September 12th 18, 06:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default SLRs Make Less Sense With Digital ?

On 11/09/2018 20:36, Savageduck wrote:
[]
I had thought of a fisheye, but it would only be a novelty lens for me.
Fuji has just released an 8-16mm f/2.8 which is huge, and about $2000.
There are still a few lenses I would like to have available, so I have a
wish list. Needless to say I do not carry all my stuff on shoots. I tailor
my load to my needs for that day.

My Fujinon lens selection from wide to long is currently:

XF14mm f/2.8
XF16mm f/1.4 (my current favorite)
XF23mm f/2.0
XF35mm f/1.4
XF18-55mm f/2.8-4.0
XF55-200mm f/3.5-4.8
XF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6

The fisheye is almost a novelty lens at ~US $100, but it does work:

https://www.photographyblog.com/revi...ody_cap_review

My MFT kit consists of:

9 mm fisheye
9-18 zoom
14-140 zoom
Panasonic GX7

for a 35 mm equivalent 18-280 mm. All fits in the same bag as I needed
for my mirrored DSLR and one lens, and about half the weight too!
There's a delightfully compact 20/1.7 too for lower-light occasions:

https://www.thephoblographer.com/201...o-four-thirds/

--
Cheers,
David