Old August 12th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Pudentame

Default Microtek 120TF Scanner - no support

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, - posted:

Microtek hasn't serviced scanners for a few years now. If it is under
warranty, they will replace it. If it is out of warranty, they will
offer you a discount based on a sliding scale. I have seen comments
from people confirming what Neil said in regard to the value of the
discounts.

Doug

Actually, made the comment, but I can confirm that this
is not a new practice, as Microtek sent a new replacement 120TF instead of
repairing mine about 1-1/2 years ago. Still, I thought manufacturers were
obligated to supply parts for a number of years (7?) under U.S. law and
some similar requirement in Europe. Anyone aware of the facts?

Neil

Well, if it was made in Detroit, Cleveland, Windsor, or Matamourous (I
think that's where Ford's Mexico plant is located)... they'd be
obligated to assure repair parts for 10 years after the end of the model
year.

I don't think there's any such law for manufacturers of electronics;
only that it can't cause interference with commercial radio/TV broadcasts.