Old April 6th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Gremlin

Default Sony DSC-M2 - problem changing language

Hi All

I have a Sony DSC-M2 that I a mplaying with. The language set in the camera
is cimplified Chinese and, althought the manual is in English and lots of
on-line sites show how to set the language to English, the screen is not
available in this camera. Specifically, the set-up screen does not contain
an option to change language.

So, any thoughts? I also cannot identify the version of the firmware - none
of the menu options display anything that looks like a version number. Sony
(in Australia) will not provide information as they say the camera is not
available here, so no help is provided - wonder what that means for
world-wide support

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated...things tried so far a

- switching on and off, holding down power, set-up and both buttons at sime
time
- resetting using reset button
- battery removal for a week, and resetting
- swearing
- checking every option on every menu....

Cheers