Old August 6th 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chemiker

Default What the f--- is this doing on Amazon??

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 06:21:20 -0400, John A.
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 20:12:38 -0500, Chemiker
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 09:08:58 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2012-07-31 17:17 , RichA wrote:
Are they insane?

http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-D7000-Acc...9262&s r=1-14

Another "whoosh" moment for Rich.

The "package" is not offered by Amazon, merely through it.

I did not find that exact package at the actual seller site (Amazon
only handled the marketing and billing), but I did find that D7000
with a different kit lens, and it was about $1600. I could see the
vendor asking a rather pricey $1999 Canadian, but that $9999 still
lmakes no sense.

Alex, wondering why no one has emailed the vendor...... too obvious?

It's probably there as a test item, or as a placeholder for an item
they are anticipating offering, but don't yet, but want to get indexed
in the search engines sooner rather than later.

It's kinda like when new gas stations put their prices at $9.99 until
they first open or when existing ones do it when they're out of gas.
(Except on Amazon there's always the chance, if a slim one, that some
ignorant customer with more money than sense might just come along and
order the thing at the placeholder price.)

d'accord.

Alex