Old August 7th 04, 08:07 AM
Patrick L.

Default Help! Attractive girlfriend looks awful in photos - tips needed!!

The solution is to master a concept called 'fill flash'. Takes a lot of
practice, and a good SLR camera with a dedicated flash unit, that is how the
pros do it, how I do it.

Another method is to avoid flash, to have someone hold a white poster
board, as a reflector, to bounce in sunlight to the subjects face, filling
in the shadows (not tinfoil or anything metallic, but a soft white card
board, foamcore, etc). This can effectively be done in place of using
flash. In most camera shops, the have small expandable reflectors, about
the size off a small pizza, that fit into a pouch. I will take it out and
it pops open, I can hold it in my left hand, bounce in light, and shoot with
my right. Takes some practice, of course. They cost about $15. They have
a white side, and a gold side, which produces a nice, warm light on the
subject. Great for black people or tanned people.

Patrick