Old January 25th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

Default Nikon D100 vs 4x5 field camera side-by-side enlargement

"That Rich" skrev i en meddelelse
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:38:38 +0100, "Max Perl"
wrote:

Yes......but after I have used digital for a while and the digital world
has settled a bit......there are some years between the 11 MP Canon
EOS 1Ds and the 12 MP Nikon D3 and there are some improvements
such as lower high iso noise and frames pr. sec etc. But not as much
improvement as the first years.
So there is time to look back and we can see what digital has to offer
compared to film.
As a "non-pro" and "non-sports photographer" I still think film has a kind
of artistic
expression I like......so I will use both.....
Because of the AA filter digital images are a bit soft by nature.....and
they need to
be sharpened.....and I have seen many which has got far to much USM and I
am
a bit tired of these images......to make good USM is an art of its own. So
it can be
quite relaxing to see a good film based print...... :-) many digital
images has also
over saturated colors after my taste.....and the posibilities in Photoshop
are endless
working in many layes. I have seen to many "Lord of the Ring" images
now....
I know you can make something like this also with scanned film......but
not
quite as easy
as from direct digital capture......
I just miss the good old out of the box images.....and not these where
people has spend
days in Photoshop to get a ......what they think are a perfect image :-)

Excellent post Max. My feelings exactly.

Thank you. I'll bet it sounds twice as nice in Danish

Cheers,

RPŠ

It sounds a bit funny in Danish. We have many brick walls in Denmark and you
just
have to write "mur" in danish......then "in between the lines" people often
understand it
as a brick wall as many houses are build using bricks to build the
walls......

Yes.....relaxing to use a film camera......e.g. a good quality rangefinder
in the city.....and
let the lens do the job instead of PhotoShop........ :-)