Old January 24th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Nikon D100 vs 4x5 field camera side-by-side enlargement

On Jan 24, 2:15*pm, "Yoshi" wrote:
"Max Perl" wrote in message

k...

"JimKramer" skrev i en meddelelse
On Jan 22, 1:09 pm, "Max Perl" wrote:
The 6MP DSLR camera seems to "create" its own "details"?
I can see patterns I can't find in the 4x5 crop........?

It is interresting to see how it should have looked like......and how
the
DSLR "manipulates" the real world :-)

"." skrev i en

http://www.widerange.org/resolution.html-Hide quoted text -

"For this resolution comparison, I enlarged the D100 shot to the same
width as the 4x5 shot, then cropped the same sized section from both.
"

To me, that means the "extra details" were added long after the camera
got done taking the picture and had more to do with Photoshop,
presumably, than the camera.
But would it really have been so much effort to at least take the
picture near the same time?
And at an F stop that wouldn't already be well in to the "diffraction
damage zone" for a cropped sensor DSLR?
There were a number of, at least in my mind, questionable photographic
decisions that did nothing to demonstrate the capabilities of Nikon
D100, yet were very "normal" for a 4x5 shooter.

It is probably PhotoShop which did something........

But a brigwall test using a DSLR could be interresting and make a 100%
crop of
an area and then a full frame macro shot of the same area to see how the
DSLR
handles the details it can't handle......or how should I explain.......to
see if the DSLR
creates its own reality. It has probably been done many times........

What exactly is a "brigwall"?- Hide quoted text -

He means brick, i believe.